Today I took a stab at coloring Easter eggs with Charlie. It was a beautiful day so we took our decorating party outside.
I lined a rimmed baking sheet with a paper towel. This made it easy to carry everything outside and also helped minimize the mess. But let’s be honest….I ended up doing most of the decorating!
Boiling the eggs
I start by placing my eggs in a pot and cover the eggs with cold water. I bring them to a boil and let them boil for 10 minutes or so. I then drain the hot water, place the eggs in a bowl and into the fridge they go! Once the eggs are cooled, let the decorating begin!
We used a Paas Deluxe Decorating Kit. I didn’t need a deluxe kit but that was all I saw when I was at the store.
Indside the kit
- Color-dye tablets
- Two egg dippers
- Magic Crayon
- Egg stands
- Drying tray (back of box)
What we used out of the kit
- Color-dye tablets (green, blue and orange)
- Magic Crayon (on one egg, just to try it)
- Drying tray
We kept our decorating pretty simple since Charlie is only one and a half!
Decorating the eggs
According to the Paas package directions:
- Put one tablet into a cup/bowl
- Add 1 Tbsp of vinegar
- Add 1/2 cup of room temperature water
- Bend egg dipper and dip egg into dye (I always just use a spoon…)
- More time in the dye = a darker color
- Remove and place in drying tray
Instructions on how to use all the fancy-shmancy decorative tools are also explained on the back of the Paas Decorating Kit Box or you can visit their website here.
How did we do?